Tropical Slaw



Tropical Slaw          

          
I had some cabbage to use up, and was tired of regular slaw. I found a recipe similar to this, left out what I didn’t like, and voilà! Both Larry and I loved this!

3 cups shredded cabbage (1/3 – ½ a head)
1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits
1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges
½ - 1 cup flaked coconut
1 6-8 oz carton piña colada or pineapple yogurt
½ cup chopped walnuts

Drain pineapple and oranges. (Won’t use the liquid, so feel free to use in other dishes if you care to.)  In medium bowl combine cabbage, pineapple, oranges, and coconut. Add yogurt and toss to coat. Top with walnuts. Refrigerate until serving.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Yummy! I might have to try this! I've never heard of piña colada or pineapple yoghurt ... will have to look on purpose!